We anticipate that participants will arrive on Sunday 15 May 2011 (or possibly earlier), and depart the evening of Friday 20 May 2011 or Saturday 21 May 2011 (or possibly later).
The address of the mathematics department is:
Mathematics and Science Center (MSC), 4th floor
400 Dowman Drive NE, Atlanta, GA, 30322, USA
By plane: Fly to the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). It is easiest to take a taxi or shuttle from the airport. In either case, you will go out the doors marked "ground transportation."
- Taxi: A taxi stand--marked by a theater rope--will be directly in front of you. Taxi fare from the airport is approximately $35-$40 one-way, and it's customary to tip your driver about 10% of your final fair. Some taxis, but not all, take payment by credit card, so double check if you do not have any US dollars on hand. A taxi will be an especially good deal if you find other participants at the airport to share with.
- Shuttle: We recommend Atlanta Airport Superior Shuttle. Exit the double doors labeled W1 or W2. Take the walkway across to "Green". This area is called "Share-Ride". Superior Shuttle vehicles are located at Green stalls 5 & 6, adjacent to the taxis. Shuttles depart from the airport every 30 minutes, from 6:00 am to 11:30 pm, 7 days per week. They cost $30-35 (and slightly cheaper if you book a round trip ticket on-line).
If you insist, you can take the subway
there is a station (Airport Station) in the airport.
- Directly to the hotels: Please see Google's suggested route (with a map) from the airport to the Emory Inn hotel or the Emory Conference Center Hotel (these two hotels are adjacent).
- Directly to the New Turman residence hall: Please see Google's suggested route (with a map) from the airport to New Turman residence hall.
- Directly to Mathematics Department/White Hall: Please see Google's suggested route (with a map) from the airport to the Math and Science Center or to White Hall (across the street where the talks are being held).
- There is free parking at the Emory Inn and the Emory Conference Center Hotel. If you are locally commuting, there are two parking decks close to both the Math and Science Center and to White Hall: Oxford Road Deck and Peavine visitor lot. See Emory's visitor parking website for access and payment details. If you will be locally commuting, we can organize parking passes for the week of the conference. Please let the organizers know.
Walking to White Hall: Here is a map with a
possible walking route taking you
from the Emory Inn/Conference Center Hotel to White Hall (where the
talks will take place and directly in front of the Math and Science Center) through campus (and via Turman residence hall)
and not on busy streets:
View Emory Inn -> White Hall walking route in a larger map
Shuttle to White Hall: Emory runs numerous free shuttles (called
"Cliff") for transportation around its sprawling campus. You can see
the all the routes, including live locations of all shuttles on the
web site. From the Emory Inn/Conference Center Hotel, you can
take shuttles A (red) and B (blue) to their terminus, Woodruff Circle
Transit Plaza. These run every 10 minutes and the trip is about 4-5
minutes. From there, you can walk to White Hall (about 6-8 minutes,
see the blue path in the map below)
or you can further take the shuttle D (green) and get off at "Dowman
Drive @ Administration Bldg/White Hall".
View Emory Inn -> White Hall via Cliff shuttle in a larger map