It is the responsibility of individual participants to check their
potential visa needs for entering the US.
Reimbursement for travel expenses can generally only be made to participants in one of the following categories:
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Permanent resident of the US (with "green card")
- holder of Business Visitor Visa (B-1)
- holder of Student Visa (F-1)
- holder of Exchange Visitor Visa (J-1)
- entered under the Visa Waiver Program with Business (WB) status
- entered under the Visa Waiver Program with Tourism (WT) status, staying at Emory for less than or equal to 9 days, and must not have been paid or reimbursed by more than five other US organizations during the past six months
- holder of Tourism Visitor Visa (B-2), staying at Emory for less than or equal to 9 days, and must not have been paid or reimbursed by more than five other US organizations during the past six months
Reimbursement generally cannot be made to H, O, or TN visa holders.
Currently, 36 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program. If you intend to enter the US on the VWP, then you will need to submit an ESTA application online at least 72 hours before traveling. Each ESTA application costs $14 and is valid for VWP travel within 2 years. You are reminded that the US authorities require a passport to be valid for six months beyond the date on entry even if your intended stay is shorter.