Data Management and Informatics
We are interested in a variety of research questions related to the analysis, management and retrieval of medical, public health, web and biological data.
- Eugene Agichtein, Associate Professor, Computer Science
- James J. Lu, Associate Professor, Computer Science
- Fusheng Wang, Assistant Professor, Biomedical Informatics and Computer Science
- Li Xiong, Associate Professor, Computer Science
- George H.L. Fletcher, Assistant Professor, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Ernest V Garcia, Professor, Radiology
- Kim Gernert, Director, BIMCORE
- Vicki Hertzberg, Associate Professor, Biostatistics
- Ashwin Ram, Associate Professor, Georgia Tech
- Lance Waller, Professor, Biostatistics
- Phillip Wolff, Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Hongyuan Zha, Professor, Georgia Tech
- Abulimiti Aji, Ph.D.
- Luca Bonomi, Ph.D.
- Olgert Denas, Ph.D.
- Liyue Fan, Ph.D.
- James Gardner, Ph.D.
- Slawomir Goryczka, Ph.D.
- Dmitry Lagun, Ph.D.
- Qiaoling Liu, Ph.D.
- Tom Przybylinski, Ph.D.
- Denis Savenkov
- Yu Wang, Ph.D.
- Shuai Zheng, Ph.D.
Graduates (and placement after graduation)
- Qi Guo, Ph.D. 2012 (Microsoft Research)
- Sebastien Siva, Ph.D. 2011 (Georgia Gwinette College)
- Akshatha Kalsanka Pai, M.S. 2010 (the Center for Comprehensive Informatics)
- Jing Sun, M.S. 2010 (Google)
- Yun Zhu, M.S. 2010 (Georgia State, Computer Science PhD Program)
- Pawel Jurczyk, Ph.D. 2010 (Google)
- Pu Shi, M.S. 2009 (Google)
- Alvin Grissom, M.S. 2009 (Georgetown, Computational Linguistics PhD Program)
- Kanwei Li, M.S. 2009 (Emory University, the Taylor Lab)
- Yandong Liu, M.S. 2009 (Carnegie Mellon, Language Technologies Institute MS Program)
- Lesi Wang, M.S. 2008 (Amazon)
- Dongfang Zhao, M.S. 2008 (Information Distribution and Marketing Inc.)
- Daniel Dougherty, M.S. 2008 (U. of Virginia, Computer Science PhD Program)
- Lin Liu, M.S. 2008 (U. of Missouri-Rolla, Industrial Engineering MS Program)
- Akanksha Srivastava, M.S. 2008 (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Kumudhavalli Rangachari, M.S. 2007 (Vitrue Inc.)
- Robin Lohfert, M.S. 2007 (Dorian Software Creations Inc.)
- Chris LaRosa, M.S. 2006 (Georgia Tech, International Affairs MS program)
- Johnny Healey, M.S. 2006 (Emory Digital Library Research)
- M. Jeremy Scoggins, M.S. 2005 (Warner Robins Air Force Base)
- Ali Pirani, M.S. 2005 (BIMCORE)
- Travers Franckle, M.S. 2005 (Vocalocity)
- Saurabh Pathak, M.S. 2005 (Yahoo)
- Sungryong Kim, B.S/M.S. 2004 (Chimera Capital)
- Jian-An (Andy) Zhu, M.S. 2004 (Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Sonali Renjen, M.S. 2004 (Choices Quilts)
- Tejus Parikh, M.S. 2003 (Vocalocity)
- Alex Dunegan, M.S. 2003 (Boston College, Carroll School of Management MBA program)
- Alec Shkolnik, B.S/M.S. 2003 (MIT, Computer Science PhD program)
- Intelligent Information Access
- Assured Information Management and Sharing
- The Taylor Lab
- Fine-grained Record Integration and Linkage
- CS377: Introduction to Databases
- CS554: Database Models and Systems
- CS558: Artificial Intelligence
- CS570: Data Mining
- CS571: Natural Language Processing
- CS572: Information Retrieval
- CS573: Data Security and Privacy
- CS574: Machine Learning
- CS584/INFO530+560R: Geographic Information Systems
- CS730: Topics in Data and Information
- CS740: Topics in Computational and Life Sciences