Welcome to Emory Math Circle
Is there a last prime? Are there more decimals than fractions? If questions like these spark your interest and imagination (and you're in grades 6 - 12), then the Emory Math Circle is for you!
The Spring 2017 session of Emory Math Circle will meet on Saturdays at the Mathematics and Science Center on Emory's campus. Math Circle is split into six sections of four levels (for more information about them, see the registration page):
- Section A1: 1:15 - 2:15 pm on Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 18, Mar 11, Apr 1, Apr 22
- Section A2: 10 - 11 am on Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 18, Mar 18, Apr 1, Apr 22
- Section B1: 1:15 - 2:30 pm on Jan 28, Feb 11, Feb 25, Mar 18, Apr 8, Apr 29
- Section B2: 11:30 am - 12:45 pm on Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 18, Mar 18, Apr 1, Apr 22
- Section C1: 3 - 4:30 pm on Jan 28, Feb 11, Feb 25, Mar 18, Apr 8, Apr 29
- Section D1: 2:45 - 4:30 pm on Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 18, Mar 11, Apr 1, Apr 22
What is Emory Math Circle?
Emory Math Circle is a free math enrichment program for middle school and high school students in the Atlanta area. Our goal is to teach students how to think both logically and creatively while sparking and developing in them a passion for mathematics. We want to expose students to topics outside of the standard mathematics curriculum and let them experience the mathematical process of asking questions, making conjectures, and working to prove them. Our sessions are interactive, fun, and challenging.
- Registration for the spring semester is now closed.
- Donate to Emory Math Circle here. We ask all families who can afford it to donate $30 per child per semester.
- To be updated about registration, start dates, and special events, join our informational mailing list.
- Applications are now open for our Week of Mathematical Exploration, which will be held Monday June 5th through Friday June 9th. You must be currently attending level C or D of Emory Math Circle to be eligible to apply.