Introductory Courses for GER and Major Requirements
Mathematics and Computer Science courses fulfill General Education Requirements and are required by many major programs in the sciences and social sciences. In addition, there are several entry points to the mathematics and computer science majors, depending upon students' interests and background.
For the math and computing requirements of the various science and social science majors, please see the relevant department's pages. Other information is provided by the links below.
Placement guide for incoming freshman:
Awards and Honors
- Trevor Evans Award: The Trevor Evans Award is intended to recognize outstanding performance by undergraduate majors in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Chair's Award for Achievement: The Chair's Award for Achievement recognizes outstanding undergraduates who exhibit dedication and exceptional performance in the fields of Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Deborah Jackson Award (2007-2015): Made possible by a generous gift from Alumna Deborah Jackson, this award honors the academic achievements of undergraduate juniors and seniors in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Putnam Prize: The Putnam Prizes are awarded to the Emory undergraduates with the best scores on the William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition.
- Honors Program: Exceptional students are invited to participate in the honors program.