- Office: Mathematics and Science Center E414
- Address: 400 Dowman Dr, Atlanta, GA 30322
- Phone: (404) 712-5694, Fax: (404) 727-5611
- Email: email@example.com
- My research focuses on the optimization of natural language processing for "robustness" on various data and "scalability" on large data.
The goal is to develop NLP components that are readily available for higher-end research; in other words, we worry about NLP while you do more interesting things with the components we provide.
All our NLP components (e.g., dependency parser, named entity recognizer, sentiment analyzer) are developed in NLP4J, an open source project that has been widely used for academic and industrial research.
- Another part of my research focuses on NLP applications such as question answering, character mining, text generation, etc.
These applications are often domain specific; our goal is to develop applications that work well enough to be practical for certain domains (e.g., social media, dialogs, radiology reports), and keep expanding these domain as needed.
Constructing meaning representation from texts is a big part of this research.