Links for students
Emory algebra and number theory seminar.
Research (Partially supported by National Science Foundation CAREER award DMS-1555048)
- Asymptotic chip-firing groups of iterated cones,
with Morgan Brown and Jackson S. Morrow;
- The canonical ring of a stacky curve,
with John Voight, accepted pending revisions;
- Diophantine and tropical geometry, and uniformity of rational points on curves,
with Eric Katz and Joe Rabinoff;
(Survey article for the 2015 Summer Research Insitute on Algebraic Geometry Proceedings; in press);
- Cohomology with closed support on the overconvergent site;
- Uniform bounds for the number of rational points on curves of small Mordell--Weil rank,
with Eric Katz and Joe Rabinoff; (Duke Math J. 165 (2016), no. 16, 3189--3240);
- Elliptic curves over Q and 2-adic images of Galois,
with Jeremy Rouse.
(Research in Number Theory, Volume 1, Issue 1, 2015)
- A heuristic for the distribution of point counts for random curves over a finite field,
with Jeffrey D. Achter, Daniel Erman, Kiran S. Kedlaya, Melanie Matchett Wood.
(Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 373 (2015))
- Formal GAGA for Good Moduli Spaces,
with Anton Geraschenko.
(Algebraic Geometry, Volume 2, Issue 2, May 2015)
blog post (by Max Lieblich)
- Cohomological Descent on the Overconvergent Site,
(RIMS, 2014, 1:8)
- Integral Monsky-Washnitzer cohomology and the overconvergent de Rham-Witt complex,
with Christopher Davis
(MRL, 21 (2014), No 2.)
- The Chabauty-Coleman bound at a prime of bad reduction and Clifford bounds for Geometric Rank Functions,
with Eric Katz
(Compositio Mathematica 149 (2013), no. 11)
- Random Dieudonn'e modules, random p-divisible groups, and random curves over finite fields,
with Bryden Cais and Jordan Ellenberg.
(J. Math. Inst. Jussieu, 2013)
- Primitive Integral Solutions to x^2 + y^3 = z^10.
(IMRN 2012, no. 2, 423--436)
- Rigid cohomology for algebraic stacks
(UC Berkeley thesis, 2010)
Other intersting math links
"Work hard to find something that fascinates you." - Richard Feynman