E-mail: obeckwi (at) emory (dot) edu
Office: W431, Math and Science Center
Hi, I'm Olivia! I am a graduate student at Emory, working on my PhD with Ken Ono as my adviser. I'm in my fifth and final year of graduate school.
After graduating from Harvey Mudd in 2013, I came to Emory to study number theory, where I am supported by an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. My interests include modular forms, harmonic Maass forms, algebraic number theory, partitions, elliptic curves, and L-functions. I'm also interested in connections between number theory and other fields, and work with the Kindt Research Group
in the Department of Chemistry with my number theory colleague Robert Schneider
Outside of research, I enjoy teaching for the Emory Math Circle
, and my favorite non-math activities include backpacking near the Smoky Mountains and volunteering for the Georgia Aquarium.
For more information, feel free to check out my cv
or send me an email via obeckwi (at) emory (dot) edu.
- Indivisibility of class numbers of imaginary quadratic fields. Accepted by Research in the Mathematical Sciences.
- Extracting aggregation free energies of mixed clusters from simulations of small systems (with James Kindt, Lara Patel, Robert Schneider, Xiaokun Zhang). In preparation.
- Bounds for special values of shifted convolution Dirichlet series. Accepted by Proceedings of the AMS.
- On the number of parts of integer partitions lying in given residue classes (with Michael Mertens). Accepted by Annals of Combinatorics.
- The number of parts in certain residue classes of integer partitions (with Michael Mertens). Research in Number Theory ( 1 (2015)).
- Multiplicative Properties of the Number of k-Regular Partitions (with Christine Bessenrodt). Annals of Combinatorics (20 (2016), 231-250).
- Distribution of eigenvalues of weighted, structured matrix ensembles (with Victor Luo, Steven J. Miller, Karen Shen, Nicholas Triantafillou), Integers: Electronic Journal of Combinatorial Number Theory (15 (2015)).
- Generalized Ramanujan Primes (with Nadine Amersi, Steven J. Miller, Ryan Ronan, Jonathan Sondow), Combinatorial and Additive Number Theory, CANT 2011 and 2012, Springer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics (2014), 1-13.
- The Average Gap Distribution for Generalized Zeckendorf Decompositions (with Amanda Bower, Louis Gaudet, Rachel Insoft, Shiyu Li, Steven J. Miller, Philip Tosteson). The Fibonacci Quarterly ( 51 (2013), 13--27).
- Minkowski length of 3D lattice polytopes (with Matt Grimm, Jenya Soprunova, Bradley Weaver). Journal of Discrete and Computational Geometry. (48, Issue 4 (2012), 1137-1158).
Math 111, Fall 2014
Math 111, Spring 2015
- Emory Math Circle
- Emory Graduate Student Algebra-Number Theory Seminar
- Kindt Research Group