2013 Research Experiences for Undergraduates at Emory University
Dates: June 3, 2013- July 26, 2013
Math Building, Room E406
- David Zureick-Brown, Assistant Professor.
- Ken Ono, Asa Griggs Candler Professor.
- Robert Lemke Oliver,NSF postdoc (Stanford)
- Larry Rolen,NSF Graduate Fellow, (Emory)
Basic InformationThanks to the generous support of the National Science Foundation and Emory University, we are organizing a summer Research Experience in Mathematics for the summer of 2013 on the beautiful campus of Emory University (adjacent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)). We seek to fill 8-10 openings in the REU. Most of the participants will be US citizens or permanent residents who are presently enrolled in a US undergraduate institution or high school. We have offered openings to high school students who are adequately prepared for the program. NSF supported participants will receive a $3600 stipend and free accomodations.
2013 Project areas
- Elliptic curves and Galois representations
- Mock modular and quantum modular forms
- Additive Number Theory
- Distribution of Primes
- Ping Ngai (Brian) Chung (MIT)
- Eric Larson* (Harvard)
- Hannah Larson* (S. Eugene High School)
- Shiyu Li (UC Berkeley)
- Akhil Mathew (Harvard)
- Sarah Peluse (U. Chicago)
- Sarah Pitman (Emory U.)
- Jesse Silliman (U. Chicago)
- Geoffrey Smith (Yale)
- Isabel Vogt (Harvard)
Note. Special participant.
- Check back in August 2013.
Application Materials (applications no longer accepted)
A completed application consists of an application form , personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and current transcripts. These materials should be sent to:
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
400 Dowman Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30322