I am a Ph.D. student at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Emory University.
My research interest is Information Retrieval, and I am pleased to work with Prof. Eugene Agichtein. Before this, I was a research assistant at the University of Tehran, and worked under the supervision of Prof. Farhad Oroumchian.
Payam Karisani, Maseud Rahgozar, Farhad Oroumchian. A query term re-weighting approach using document similarity. Information Processing & Management, Volume 52, Issue 3, May 2016, Pages 478-489. [Link]
Abolfazl AleAhmad, Payam Karisani, Maseud Rahgozar, Farhad Oroumchian. OLFinder: finding opinion leaders in online social networks. Journal of Information Science (JIS), Volume 42, Issue 5, October 2016, Pages 659-674. [Link]
Payam Karisani, Farhad Oroumchian, Maseud Rahgozar. Tweet Expansion Method for Filtering Task in Twitter. 6th International Conference of the CLEF Association, CLEF'15, Toulouse, France, September 8–11, 2015. Springer 2015 Lecture Notes in Computer Science: p. 55-64. [Link]
Abolfazl AleAhmad, Payam Karisani, Maseud Rahgozar, Farhad Oroumchian. University of Tehran at RepLab 2014. In 5th International Conference of the CLEF Association (CLEF Labs and Workshop). 2014. p. 1528-1536. (Ranked 1st in Author Ranking task) [Link]
- Artificial Intelligence (undergraduate), TA, Emory University, Spring 2017
- Human Computer Interaction (undergraduate), TA, Tehran University, Fall 2014
- Advanced Database (graduate), TA, Tehran University, Fall 2013
- Ranked 1st at bioCADDIE 2016 dataset retrieval challenge (a NIH funded project) based on innovation and efficiency (Awarded 50,000 US dollars)
- Ranked 1st at RepLab 2014 Twitter Author Ranking task (sponsored by the EU project LiMoSINe)